Yesterdays’s partial eclipse of the Sun, visible from Britain, brought back fond memories of a frantic chase across rolling countryside on Wednesday 11th August 1999, the last time a total solar eclipse was visible from the UK (from the tip of Cornwall). Only this wasn’t the Cornish peninsula we were crossing, but the mosaic of French fields dotting the rural landscape in northern France.
Subscribe to Travel Continuum
- Solarsphere Astronomical and Music Festival – A Niche Festival For All
- Why Cuenca is Ecuador’s Loveliest City
- A Sustainable Road Trip in El Baix Empordà, Costa Brava
- Impressions of India Part 2 – A Brief Stopover in Bangalore
- The Rare Ecosystem and Alien Landscapes of Paracas National Reserve in Peru