Some have said Cuenca stands on the site of what was once El Dorado, the mythical city of gold which the Spanish Empire searched for in vain. Today, this city in southern Ecuador owes its architectural heritage to those marauding Spanish Conquistadors themselves, and is the country’s most important city after the capital, Quito. I wandered the historical city centre and soaked up that ambience during a backpacking trip to South America, and found much...
Subscribe to Travel Continuum
- Solarsphere Astronomical and Music Festival – A Niche Festival For All
- Why Cuenca is Ecuador’s Loveliest City
- A Sustainable Road Trip in El Baix Empordà, Costa Brava
- Impressions of India Part 2 – A Brief Stopover in Bangalore
- The Rare Ecosystem and Alien Landscapes of Paracas National Reserve in Peru